Concrete Forming Toronto is happy to install your precast concrete steps. This post explains types of concrete steps, benefits and other information that you may find useful for your concrete forming project in Toronto or GTA area.
Many judge book by its cover, what if your home is judged by its steps?
Concrete steps are durable and usually last longer than wooden ones. Some may prefer wooden ones over concrete and this choice is perfectly fine. Concrete steps are normally cheaper in the long run and total cost (purchase, installation and future care).
Consider these factors before ordering Precast Concrete Steps:
- Designs of your precast concrete steps vary by color, shape, texture;
- It is important to consider foundation for your steps (concrete pad vs. gravel);
- Price depends on size, shape and other factors, so carefully examine all elements to meet total budget of your project
Precast Concrete Steps Types
Steps can be traditional, round or hex| | |
These forms can be one solid modular format or stacked. Stacking allows flexibility in terms of cascading shape, turns, possibility to disassemble and move easily in case you change your mind.|
Care for concrete steps
Salt and certain products may cause your concrete products to loose its quality over time and this may even void manufacturer’s warranty on their products.
Be sure to apply coating like epoxy or other resins to protect concrete from harsh impact and enjoy steps for many years. It is better to protect concrete early enough to avoid expensive repairs later.
Applying high-performance epoxy, urethane, acrylic-resin or chemically-reactive penetrating sealer like silicone is better in dry conditions to ensure proper adhesion and reduce haziness.
Pros and Cons of Precast Concrete Steps
Benefits of precast concrete steps include:
- Lightweight – most of precast products are hollow;
- Ready for immediate installation. Manufacturer had done calculations and all you need to do is have a design and confirm specifications;
- Can be re-positioned. With poured concrete once done it may be hard or even impossible to re-position if you change your mind, or decide to correct mistakes/miscalculations;
- Low replacement cost compared to poured cement steps. Precast products can be removed at affordable price. Compare this to a disassembly crew and heavy jack hammer machinery with noise and dust.
- Lack of exact match or inability to fit your custom needs
- Hollow concrete products may break due to heavy impact (e.g. dropping heavy furniture during moving, although very unlikely).
Concrete Steps and Rail Manufacturers in Toronto
There are a number of rail and concrete steps manufacturers in Toronto. We don’t provide their names in this post now, and are working to make a list of reliable ones in the future. Please visit this post later for more info. Concrete Forming Toronto services GTA from Ajax to Hamilton, please contact us today if you have any questions.